Ban Krud.....

Ban Krud.....

lørdag 8. september 2012

Day 1: Luangprabang-Kiewchan

Great getting started! I knew my first day was going to be hard climbing,but when i woke up in the morning i felt prepared. Powered up with my high-energy-porridge and some lao-coffe and finally i was on the road. About 20 km into my day it was all climbing,and apart from a 13 downhill,it was up,up,up. Two hills 13 and 22 km without any rest really drained me slowly out of power,but i was still "in green" when i was on top of the hill where i cycled into Kiewchan. 72 km,climbing 1600 meters. For my friends who knows Oslo it was like climbing the last part of Grefsenkollen endlessly....

Lots of rain last hour,and at times it was like cycling in a shallow river. Stopped a few times buying banans and refilled water,but was so focused on this day my Ipod was never in use and i hardly took any pics. Just one goal: Kiewchan!

Did the whole thing in 6 h,30 m,wich is quite good.

Arrived Kiewchan and got a basic room in this small village (they told it was 7 families living there),a shower and a noodle soup before i enjoyed a few BeeLao. The village had absolutely nothing of interest...

The rain continued trough the night,and it rained really hard for hours!

To be continued....

 

Ingen kommentarer: